Research suggests that while most companies stress the importance of turning data into actionable insight, less than a quarter feel their company is successful at doing this. A large portion of our local businesses are not treating their own data as an asset. See where are you in your data maturity by answering these questions:
- Is your data accessible and structured for consumption/use?
- Do you use data/metrics in your decision making or in your day-to-day processes?
- Is data insight democratized across the business?
- Do you view your data as an asset to your organization?
- Do you have a consolidated, secure, and shared data analytics environment to be used across the business for all employees and stakeholders.
Join James Saulez, President of KOA Process, in a discussion with Anthony Nelson (President) and Timon Fuchser (Director of BI and Performance) as they detail the why’s and HOW’s of becoming a data driven business by sharing Premier Restoration’s data journey.
Key topics include:
- Practical steps to evaluate your current level of data maturity and where opportunity exists to make better use of your data
- The key tasks involved in executing a project that will set you off on the right path to getting actionable insights out of your data
- A look under the hood of Microsoft PowerBI as a self-service business intelligence tool to get you started
- Premier Restoration’s perspective into their ongoing journey to becoming a data driven business, with various uses cases stemming from this initiative.
James has over 25 years of experience in business transformation as a software developer, project manager, systems architect, data scientist, strategic consultant, CIO and COO. He has worked in the USA, South Africa and Europe within financial services, logistics, manufacturing, agriculture, distribution, and technology. In 2014, he made Hawaii his home where he brings a wealth of transformation knowledge, strategy, and leadership to the Koa Process team.
Anthony Nelson is the President of Premier Restoration Hawaii, a full-service mitigation and restoration company providing a one-stop solution for water, fire, mold, and wind damage to residential and commercial properties. Anthony brings 20 years of industry experience to the PRH team. He joined the company in 2009 as an estimator and was promoted to operations manager within a year. In this role, he aggressively grew the company from eight to 55 employees by 2016, when he was promoted to senior vice president of operations. Anthony has unified PRH’s 150-plus employees across the company’s four different island locations on Oahu, Maui, Hawai’i Island and Kauai as one cohesive team.